Make sure the central messages and knowledge is kept before – during and after your next conference
Conferences are the most used forum for sharing knowledge within a specific topic, when experts and debaters bring their latest research and opinions to the table.
Outside the auditorium, participants share their knowledge and bring new ideas alive. Besides being updated with the latest knowledge, networking is ranked as the second most important reason for participating.
In the process of organizing a major conference with participants attending – perhaps even from different countries – the main part of the work is related to logistical tasks. Meanwhile it is important to consider how the central messages are kept after the conference.
With more than 10 years’ experience in the field of video coverage from conferences and congress, we have listed some suggestions how to keep the message before, during and after your next event.
Before the conference
- Let the participant meet keynote speakers and host committee beforehand through short videos and increase thereby involvement and attraction among the participants
- Create basis for increased networking among participants using short testimonial videos with different conference goers
- Introduction to participants through testimonial videos is also an effectful tool for branding the conference to diverse target groups with Twitter, LinkedIn and other SoMe
During the conference
- Livestreaming has become a more affordable solution and an obvious method to interact with a remote audience. Furthermore Covid-19 has created a new wave of online interactions, and as a future attendee, you will consider when to go physical or streaming. This hybrid development makes it necessary to get involved on two levels – on location and online
- Testimonials with keynote speakers and participants uploaded during the conference are an opportunity – if wanted – to make medias throw light on the conference
- Use of video as a “see you next year – greeting” with short statements from participants and the host committee is a great opportunity to summarize and emphasize the key messages
After the conference
- Publishing of edited videos with multiple cameras, incorporated slides and other graphical material on website and SoMe makes it possible to view or review the presentations in an appetizing format. Use of newsletter to inform about such videos is an effective tool to maintain the interest among the participants
- A mood driven summarizing video with people interacting at the conference and final remarks from the host committee is also effectful to keep focus on the key messages
- Video coverage from a past conference can easily be used for promotion for future events